The Deal

ALF sighting

"Here's the deal: I don't know what I'm talking about."

You know who I'm quoting, right?

Well, I don't.

I googled, I twitter-searched, I queried the synapses of my brain and nothing came up. Oh, there were contenders. A good many "You said I don't know what I'm talking about?!" fragments out there. Clearly, this was the polar opposite of that for which I deeply scanned.

Maybe the search engines failed me. Yeah, maybe.

I don't expect it from voices in traditional media, but surely the bloggers would represent.

Apparently not.

In the end I'm no more valiant. I've only peddled vapor quotation wares here. I've admitted nothing.

I'm part of the problem.

Your mileage may vary. I hope it does. Self importance is being democratized by the web, and there's no end in sight. The saving grace is I'm meeting a lot of great people along the way.

See how I did that? That tiny uplift at the end there. I'm an social commentary expert. I specialize in public optimism and private pessimism.

Now you know.

That's what I'm talking about!

0 comments:

Post a Comment