Sometimes you just have to face the facts...

... Even if you don't want to.

I'm at the point where I'm having to face the fact that, as much as I might want to run my own business, I don't think I'm particularly cut out for it. I get very excited about the planning stages of any project and enjoy doing all the research required. The actual implementation stage? Not so much...

While I'm sure there's a call for this type of skillset in the real world (somewhere, even if it's not necessarily my current job) it's suicide to try and run a business with these tendencies. Unless I have a team of people I can subcontract work to, running a business is just not in the cards for me. Acknowledging this fact depresses me a bit but I'm hoping it will save me a lot of heartache and frustration in the future.

1 comments:

App said...

I am a champ at starting projects and businesses, just not too good at maintaining or running them.

And what I mean by that is that I can do all the brainstorming, designing, creating/setting up, etc...but on opening day there better be someone willing to take the keys from me, because I am not in it for the long haul.

I get bored too easily and want to move on to the next project.

I have had that problem with my software, websites, blogs, and just about everything else.

In my software, I have created plenty of v1.0's and only one v2.0, and that's only because it's something I depend on that's always on my desktop and I look at it repeatedly, all day long.

Post a Comment